EMT Basic Class
September 11, 2023 | Conyers, GA
The National EMS Training Academy is proud to present an accelerated 10-week EMT class.
National EMS is seeking driven, dedicated candidates interested in taking the first step to join the emergency medical services industry. Your EMT certification is the first step in a career in EMS or can be a stepping stone to careers in public safety and health care.
Selected candidates will have their class costs completely paid for by National EMS with an employment commitment and the students will be full-time employees alternating between classroom hours and operating ambulances in the system.
40-hour weekly schedule
(includes 60+ clinical hours)
For the first two weeks the class meets Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with a 30-minute lunch break daily.
After that point the class meets 3.5 days per week with a 12-hour clinical rotation each week.
Class will begin September 11, 2023; class ends 10 weeks from start date
1060 Culpepper Drive
Conyers, GA 30094
Clinical rides will be completed on 9-1-1 ambulances:
National EMS ambulances in Athens-Clarke, Oconee, Morgan, Newton & Rockdale counties.
how to appy
Apply using the link below. Applicants will be contacted regarding screening sessions.
National EMS will provide all training at no cost to the student, including:
- FREE tuition and certification fees (National Registry, Georgia)
- Paid wages ($10 per hour) and full benefits package during training.
- Offer available for a two-year employment commitment.
- Upon passing exam, EMTs are ready to work on an ambulance making up to $49,500 a year with room to grow up to $55,000 plus with additional shift-friendly, company-sponsored paramedic certification.
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have a High School diploma or GED
- Be 18 years of age (by the end of the class)
Our EMT Course follows the National Standard Curriculum as defined by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (www.nremt.org). This course has been approved through the Georgia State Office of EMS. Upon successful completion of our program, you will have the necessary skills and knowledge to pass both the cognitive and psychomotor exams required by NREMT. All of your clinical 3rd rides will be completed on our 911-Advanced Life Support and BLS Ambulances. Being able to provide you real-life emergency experience is what sets our programs apart from others. You will be actively engaged and challenged to be a part of our team!